Kennel Assistant Part-Time
We need a dependable, caring person who is physically fit and able to work in Texas weather.
This job entails cleaning, feeding, and taking the dogs out for exercise every morning, with attention paid to the health, demeanor and special requirements of each dog. As some of the dogs here have aggression problems, the kennel assistant needs to be someone who can follow safety protocols, and who is willing to establish a relationship with dogs who may need special handling.
The job requires someone with attention to detail, good cleaning and organizational skills, ability to work around dogs. This person must understand that the health of each dog depends on a clean, disinfected environment and thorough removal of feces and urine. Each dog is bathed and given a nail trim upon departure by the kennel assistant.
The kennel assistant also aids with the maintenance of the facility when time allows.
The hours are from 7:30 am-12:00, and 3:30-6:00pm, with opportunities for extra hours of work in between. Starting pay is $10.00 per hour until training is completed. Training is over when all aspects of the job are performed competently, at that time the assistant is due for a raise. After a year of employment, the kennel assistant will also be given a week paid vacation. This position does not provide insurance. Availability for holidays and weekends is a must.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please follow the guidelines below.
Guidelines for Application
Please do not call.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name, phone, email, address
- Skills that you feel make you suitable for the position
- References (3 from work, 3 personal) with their current contact information
- A statement that you are physically capable of performing the tasks required, and are able to work in the hot sun, the rain and the cold. A statement that your transportation is reliable.
- Any experience that you have in a ranch environment, or with dogs in particular.
Thank you for interest.